I only have two new pieces of wood installed on the playhouse to show for many hours of work. These two pieces are by far the most complicated pieces of wood I had to cut because they require compound angle cuts. Between my CAD program and the trig functions on my iPod calculator app, I was hoping to figure out the exact angles I needed to cut. But it didn't workout that way partly because I changed the dormer framing design on-the-fly and partly because there is a difference between designing a playhouse in the virtual CAD world and building a playhouse in the real world. I ended up cutting test pieces of wood to find the approximate angles I needed by trial and error. So some ends of the valley rafters assemble with gaps and don't fit perfectly, but that's okay.
Post a Comment