The first door is up!
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Playhouse French Doors (2012-058)
Here I am toiling through the night on the first door. I stained the wood, cut and installed the window molding, installed the window acrylic, cut and installed more window molding, and caulked the seams. Next, I will need to install the hinges...
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Playhouse French Doors (2012-057)
I decided to switch from building the windows to building the doors, because they'll cover bigger openings to protect the house against rain. So here's step one: getting the wood cut, assembled, and glued ...
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Playhouse Window Caulking (2012-056)
This week I went back to working on windows, because I still needed to caulk around the windows I already built before rain penetrated the surrounding seams and joints. Renee shot this picture of me in the act.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Playhouse French Door (2012-055)
We recently had some slightly drizzly days, which lit a fire under my butt to finish the playhouse. I really want to close up all the window and door openings before the rainy seasons start. The playhouse interior is really vulnerable to rain through the big opening I made for the French doors, so it is now my priority to close it up. The picture below shows I finished off the double door rough opening edges. Next I can work on building and installing the French doors.
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Playhouse Windows (2012-054)
I have A LOT of windows and doors left to build ... six more windows, one small door, and one BIG door. Thinking about it can be pretty overwhelming. So to create some construction momentum (at least in my mind), my strategy is to build all the remaining windows in parallel. The next step is to cover all the exposed felt paper in the window rough openings with wood trim, which the pictures below show.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)