Today turned out to be disappointing, because I decided my inexpensive siding solution for the playhouse won't work. It just looks too half-assed. But at least it's good that I recognize it now and cut my losses than continue down the path I started. My original inspiration for my siding design was the first picture below, which is a little unconventional, but they pulled it off well. So I thought I could do the same with cheap cedar fence board material I found at Home Depot. But that fence board material is just too rough and unstable to make the clean crisp look I like in the original picture that inspired me. I have to come up with another plan.
|My original inspiration ...|
|... my unsuccessful recreation.|